1. PT Protocol
• Outpatient pain medication and modalities . Ice, heat, ultrasound, etc
• Apply modalities with shoulder at end range (comfortable) position (not arm at side)
• A/AA/PROM: No limitations, focus on IR and ER at 90° ABD in supine position. Try to preserve as much IR and ER as possible.
• Emphasize GENTLE PROM to start
• Work in pain-free arc, but emphasize modalities to stretch.
• Work on full flexion and abduction. Emphasize glenohumeral motion, block scapulothoracic motion with abduction/ flexion from 0-80°.
• Rotator cuff and scapular stabilization program exercises. Begin at 0° and progress to 45°/90° as tolerated pain-free
• Home Exercise program: Stretches to be done 3-4 times a day for 1-15 minutes per session