• Outpatient pain medication and modalities – ice, heat, ultrasound, etc
• Apply modalities with shoulder at end range (comfortable) position (not arm at side)
• A/AA/PROM- no limitations, focus on IR and ER at 90° ABD in supine position. Try to preserve as much IR and ER as possible.
• Emphasize GENTLE PROM to start
• Work in pain-free arc, but emphasize modalities to stretch.
• Work on full flexion and abduction. Emphasize glenohumeral motion, block scapulothoracic motion
with abduction/ flexion from 0-80°.
• Rotator cuff and scapular stabilization program exercises, begin at 0° and progress to 45°/90°
as tolerated pain-free
• Home Exercise program of stretches to be done 3-4 times a day for 1-15 minutes per session
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/domains/brianwatermanmd.com/docs/wp-content/themes/brutal/single-postop.php on line 106